In the Community
See below for a list of upcoming events where you can find us. If you’re interested in having the Chicken Farmers of Saskatchewan at your event, please contact us.
- This event has passed.
Breakfast at the Barn – Event Cancelled
June 6 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Fun for the whole family, this inaugural event includes a free breakfast, kids activities and tours of the Rayner Dairy Research Barn.
About this Event
Farm & Food Care Saskatchewan is excited to present Breakfast at the Barn, June 6th at the University of Saskatchewan’s Rayner Dairy Research Barn. This great new family-friendly event is free to attend and features activities for all ages, including:
- Free breakfast sandwich, yogurt parfait and milk box
- Enjoy a birds-eye view tour of a working dairy barn and modern milking parlour
- Kids zone with a variety of traditional games, face painting and balloons
- Opportunity to pet sheep, goats, pigs and chicks and talk to the farmers who raise them
- A variety of educational displays focusing on agriculture and food production
- Engage with a spread of exhibitors representing community groups and Saskatchewan grown food products
Attendees will experience a unique opportunity to encounter many elements of modern farming and have their questions answered by real local farmers.
Free Breakfast: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM
Rayner Dairy Barn Tours: 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
This event is free but registration is requested to manage food expectations and tour scheduling.
For more information visit www.breakfastatthebarn.ca.