This prize-winning grilled chicken sandwich will have your taste buds singing. The tangy Asian-style marinade, with its hints of orange and ginger, make for a flavourful, smoky chicken breast in this light alternative to a burger.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp (5 mL) orange zest, grated
1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
3 green onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp (5 mL) ginger, freshly grated
1 tsp (5 mL) soy sauce
1/4 tsp (1.25 mL) salt
4 whole wheat Kaiser rolls
roasted red pepper, thinly sliced, for garnish
red onion, thinly sliced, for garnish
Romaine lettuce, for garnish
mayonnaise, for garnish
1. In a bowl, whisk together orange zest and juice, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and salt.
2. Add chicken breasts; turn to coat.
3. Let stand for 10 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.
4. Grill on medium heat for approximately 15-20 minutes until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F (74°C).
5. Serve on whole wheat Kaiser buns.
6. Garnish with roasted red peppers, red onions, lettuce & mayonnaise.
Recipe Courtesy of: Tina Lissemore, winner of the 2005 Canada Day Chicken Challenge Contest. Photo courtesy of Chicken Farmers of Canada.